International Travel Information
Thailand Travel Advice
The Tourism Authority of Thailand’s website is a useful place that contains a range of information about Thailand. We recommend visiting the site to learn more about the Kingdom.
Thailand Entry Requirements
Foreign passport holders’ travel restrictions and requirements for entering Thailand can vary depending on a number of factors. We recommend reading the latest entry requirements at www.thaiembassy.com. If you need further help, please contact our team who can assist you.
Embarking on a medical journey requires thoughtful preparation to ensure a smooth and stress-free experience. As you prepare to visit our clinic, you should take several key steps to pave the way for a comfortable and secure trip.
- Check if your passport is valid and if you need a visa to travel to Thailand.
- Decide how to finance your medical payment, such as cash or credit card, and ensure additional cash is in the local currency. Call your bank or card insurer to forewarn them that you may process a large payment abroad. This prevents banks from treating the transaction as suspicious and blocking your account.
- Ensure you have contact Miskawaan Integrative Cancer Care’s contact information.
- Inform your employer about your absence from work due to medical travel.
- Check the weather forecast for Bangkok and prepare yourself.
- Arrange assistance at home when you are abroad.
- Check if it is necessary for you to get certain vaccinations.
- Remember to make your appointment at the clinic and pay the reservation fee if needed. Double-check the dates.
- Purchase appropriate flight tickets. Make sure someone will pick you up from the airport.
- Remove any nail polish, as the color of your nail plate may help indicate your health condition.
- Mobile phone with a charger.
- Personal documents such as ID card, passport, and visa.
- Credit/debit card and some additional cash in the correct local currency.
- Medical records, including current diagnosis, films (X-ray, MRI, CT scan, ultrasound), biopsy results, and your contact information.
- Daily medication, if any, in original packaging; any information regarding any chronic diseases you may have.
- Items for leisure and entertainment purposes during your medical travel; for instance, books, magazines, and music players.
- Comfortable pajamas and bathrobe if your medical procedure requires overnight stays; for instance, it is recommended that you wear shorts instead of long trousers if you have knee surgery scheduled; for a shoulder operation, you may consider bringing a zip-up blazer.
- Comfortable undergarments and socks.
- Shoes to walk around the clinic – if you are undergoing plastic or another upper-body surgery, then you may take slippers. In the case of the orthopedic procedure, please bear in mind that you need some more stable footwear trainers.
- A basic set of toiletries such as soap, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant, comb, sanitary napkins, shaving kit, hair band, lip balm and face wash.
- A set of clothes for your physiotherapy and rehabilitation, if it is required after surgery; this may include a tracksuit and a pair of sneakers.
- Largely depending on the purpose of your medical travel, you may consider visiting sightseeing destinations; if that is the case, bring casual clothes and comfortable shoes; however, if you may undergo procedures that affect mobility, you should consider bringing comfortable loose trousers, blazer, and elastic shorts.
- Sleep essentials such as earplugs, pajamas and your favorite small pillow.
Airport Limousine Service
To ensure your comfort and peace of mind, we are pleased to offer an exclusive limousine service for our patients. Our premium airport pick-up service is designed to provide you with a seamless transition from the hustle of travel to the tranquility of our care.
2415/4 New Petchaburi Road, 10310, Thailand
Koh Samui Clinic
67/28 Moo 1 Maenam Koh Samui, Suratthani 84330, Thailand